Subdivision of a 50.28 acre site into 182 single family residential lots and multiple tracts for access, stormwater, wetlands/buffers, open space, tree preservation, and a transit stop. The site is located in the 2200 hundred block of Cooper Point Road. Access to the development will be from Cooper Point Road and Grove Road and lots will be served by city sewer and water. A preliminary plat application for the project was first submitted on January 23, 2019 and deemed complete on February 12, 2019.
April 23, 2021
The City provided substantive review comments to the applicant on April 22, 2021. Comments and related attachments can be found in the Documents section below.
Public comments submitted through March 31, 2021 can also be found in the Documents section below.
February 9, 2021
The City completed the initial review of the project and provided substantive review comments to the applicant on August 8, 2019. The City received a revised application responding to these comments on December 29, 2020 and accepted them on January 25, 2021 for purposes of starting the second review cycle. The next step in the process is for staff to review the application materials for compliance with city codes and standards. Staff anticipates completing this review by March 26, 2021, and assuming no additional information is needed from the applicant, will issue a SEPA threshold determination and schedule the public hearing.
You can find revised application materials in the Documents Section below.
How to Comment
We invite your comments on this proposal. While the first comment period ended on March 1, 2019, the City will accept public comments up to and through the public hearing. Please direct comments and inquiries to Cari Hornbein, Senior Planner by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail to PO Box 1967, Olympia, WA 98507. Comments will be posted to this site on a monthly basis.
Substantive Review Letter - Review #2
Application Materials - Submittal #1 accepted on February 12, 2019
Notice of Land Use Application and Neighborhood Meeting
Substantive Review Letter - Review #1
Meeting Notes - from October 31, 2019 meeting between City Staff and the Applicant
Application Materials - Submittal #2 accepted on January 25, 2021
Soil Conditions - includes technical memorandums and correspondence between the City and the Applicant relating to soil conditions
- Robinson Noble Technical Memorandum, June 5, 2019
- Applicant Response, July 30, 2019
- City Response to Applicant Response, September 24, 2019
- Phillips Burgess Response Letter, December 16, 2019
- City Response Letter, February 25, 2020
- Phillips Burgess Response Letter, May 4, 2020
- City Response Letter, August 14, 2020
- Comments through February 22, 2019
- Comments from February 23 through March 1, 2019
- Comments from March 2 through March 8, 2019
- Comments from March 9 through March 15, 2019
- Comments from March 16 through March 22, 2019
- Comments from March 23 through August 8, 2019
- Comments from August 9 through August 31, 2019
- Comments from September 1 through October 31, 2019
- Comments from November 1 through December 30, 2019
- Comments from January 1 through January 31, 2020
- Comments from February 1 through February 29, 2020
- Comments from March 1 through March 31, 2020
- Comments from April 1 through December 31, 2020
- Comments from January 1, 2021 through March 31, 2021
The following documents have been included on this webpage in response to public records requests for the prior application, Project No. 16-9025, withdrawn by the applicant in August 2018.
Application Submittal Materials
Wetland Review Technical Memos
- Landau Technical Memo, November 9, 2016
- Soundview Technical Memo, December 21, 2016
- Landau Technical Memo, February 3, 2017
- Soundview Technical Memo, June 21, 2017
- Soundview Technical Memo, August 15, 2017
- Soundview Technical Memo, November 16, 2017
Wetland Review General Correspondence
Contact Cari Hornbein at 360.753.8048 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Written comments can be submitted via e-mail to the above address, or by mail to the following address:
City of Olympia, Community Planning and Development Department
P0 Box 1967
Olympia, WA 98507-1967