On Saturday, May 1, online utility payments will be unavailable from 7 a.m. until Noon while we perform system maintenance.
COVID-19 customer support programs
Our goal is to provide a simple and effective financial relief program for residential and commercial customers affected by the public health emergency resulting from COVID-19.
The information below is in accordance with Governor Inslee's Proclamation and effective through July 31, 2021 (or until extended).
- No water services will be severed.
- Penalties and interest will not be assessed.
- See online simple “Self Certification” program if your affected by the COVID-19 public health emergency. Customers that certify are provided with an automatic payment arrangement for their outstanding balance.
- Customers not affected continue paying their utility bill.
- Customers with special circumstances, please contact the Utility Billing Services at 360.753.8340.
What if I can't pay my City utility bill?
Please complete the Self Certification form to have your City utility payments deferred for 60 days without interest or penalties. This is also described in item 3 above.
How will I repay my deferred payments?
The City will offer Long-Term Payment Extension Plans upon expiration of the COVID-19 emergency proclamation. The City will post more details about this program as soon as information is available.
Learn about the Lifeline Rate Program
You may qualify to receive a 50% discount on your City utility bill. The Lifeline Rate program is available all year, not just during the COVID-19 pandemic.
8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday - Friday, except City recognized holidays.
Important disconnect/reconnect information
Regular hours services
There is no charge for disconnect/reconnect services during business hours. Call 360.753.8333 - option 0 before 3 p.m., Monday - Friday for same day service.
After hours services
Customers will be charged $110 for after hours, non-emergency water service disconnects/reconnects. Examples include:
- Restoring service to delinquent accounts.
- New service for tenants and/or owners moving into a residence.
- You must call 360.753.8340 before 5 p.m. to restore service to delinquent accounts.
There is no charge for emergency shutoffs. Call 360.753.8333 anytime.
Pay in person or by mail
While the COVID-19 emergency is ongoing, Utility Billing payment will not be accepted in person. Customers can pay their bills online (see link above), by mail (see below), or drop an envelope with check in the drop box located outside the City Hall lobby. Checks, money orders or cashier’s check only. Do not include cash.
To pay by mail, use the return envelope provided with your statement. We accept checks, money orders, and cashier's checks. Do not mail cash. We recommend mailing payments at least 7 business days before the due date. Mail to:
City of Olympia
P.O. Box 7966
Olympia, WA 98507
Contact Utility Billing at 360.753.8340 or firstname.lastname@example.org.