Stormwater systems are the infrastructure that capture and transport stormwater runoff before it flows into our streams, lakes and Puget Sound. Private stormwater systems often include features such as stormwater ponds, swales, ditches, pipes, catch basins and sometimes filters.
What are the benefits of maintaining your Stormwater system?
- Prevent damage to the stormwater system and costly repairs.
- Prevent flooding on the property.
- Reduce liability by preventing water-related damage to downstream properties.
- Reduce pollution in local aquifers, streams, lakes, wetlands and Puget Sound.
- Reduce erosion of stream banks and channels, which harm aquatic life and property.