About the program
Each year the City requests applications from Recognized Neighborhood Associations (RNAs) on a 50/50 matching basis. The Neighborhood Matching Grant program funds small projects within Recognized Neighborhood Associations (RNAs) that:
- have an environmental benefit,
- strengthen neighborhoods,
- expand citizen involvement
- and promote the interests of the broader Olympia Community.
Projects must be completed within six months with volunteer support. Grant awards will range from $500 to $5,000 to cover a maximum of 50% of project costs. The RNA is required to match the City grant through direct financial contributions, material donations, and/or volunteer time.
Recent projects include...
- Walking maps
- Street banners (design & fabrication)
- Festival materials
- Bulk mailing to residents
- Garden and park improvements
2021 program timeline
- Request for proposals: Feb. 2, 2021
- Application deadline: March 22, 2021
- Council review & approval: May 2021
- Contracts signed: May 2021
- Project completion date: Dec. 31 2021
- Project reports: Feb. 3, 2022
Contact Lydia Moorehead at 360.570.3746 or email@example.com.