Meetings during COVID-19
All boards and commissions will be holding their meetings online until further notice. You can register to attend the Zoom meetings using a link posted in the meeting agendas.
The Arts Commission was created to help enrich the lives of the people of this region by making visual, performing and literary arts vital elements in the life of our community. The Commission works to support local artists through networking, skill development and visibility through a variety of unique opportunities.
The Arts Commission meets on the 2nd Thursday of the month, at 6 p.m., in Olympia City Hall Council Chambers, 601 4th Avenue East (unless otherwise noted below).
View 2021 Meeting Dates
- January 14, 2021
- February 11, 2021
- March 11, 2021
- April 8, 2021
- May 13, 2021
- June 10, 2021
- July 8, 2021
- August 12, 2021
- September 9, 2021
- October 14, 2021
- November 11, 2021
- December 9, 2021
Get additional meeting details, agendas, and minutes on our online meeting calendar.
Membership Criteria & Appointment Information
- Frederick Dobler, Chair - term ends in 2022
- Jim Burlingame, Vice-Chair - term ends 2023
- Joe Batt - term ends 2024
- Rose Clifthorne - term ends 2024
- Kathryn Dorgan - term ends 2023
- Shameka Gagnier - term ends 2022
- Stacy Hicks - term ends 2023
- Jace Hoag - terms ends 2023
- Kathy A. Murray - term ends 2023
- A majority of members of the Olympia Arts Commission must reside in the City of Olympia or Olympia's Urban Growth Area.
- Term: 3 years, ends March 31
- Appointed by: Olympia City Council
Community Events & Outreach
Art in Public Places
The Community Events & Outreach Committee (CEO) provides policy support and direction for Arts Commission programs (except for Public Art).
The Art in Public Places Committee (APP) provides recommendation to Council on acquisition of new artworks for the City’s Public Art Collection.
Contact Staff Liaison, Stephanie Johnson, at 360.709.2678 or email@example.com