7th Avenue Flood Mitigation Project Resumes
Starting Tuesday, September 5, 2017, the City’s contractor will resume construction activities on a project to retrofit the existing stormwater collection system on 7th Avenue, between Columbia and Water Streets. Once complete, this project will significantly reduce the number of flooding occurrences during major storm events and when Capital Lake levels are high. The remaining work involves installation of the final underground storm water structure. The project is expected to be complete by mid-September.
· The majority of construction will take place at or near the Water Street & 7th Avenue intersection.
· Construction activities may require that the walking path at Heritage Park be temporarily closed to pedestrian use for safety reasons.
· There may be some lane closures in the construction area to allow the contractor to complete their work. Motorists should expect delays.
· Traffic control & flaggers will direct vehicles and pedestrians through the work areas.
· Some on-street parking will be temporarily unavailable during construction.