Fog Sealing Chip Sealed Roads
On Saturday, August 19 (weather permitting), the City’s contractor will be applying a fog seal to some of the newly chip sealed streets in Olympia. Fog seal is a thin liquid oil application which is sprayed onto the chip seal surface. Fog seal gives the new surface the appearance of asphalt, and also enhances the visibility of pavement striping. After fog sealing is complete, the contractor will return at a later date to restripe the roadways. The fog sealing schedule is shown below:
Saturday, August 19 (7 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- Harrison Avenue (from Division Street to West Bay Drive)
- Cooper Pt Road-Auto Mall Drive (from Evergreen Park Drive to Hwy 101)
· Fog seal is temperature & weather sensitive and will take time to set-up before traffic is allowed back on the roadway.
· If weather conditions prevent fog sealing to happen on Saturday, the contractor will return on Sunday, August 20, to complete the fog sealing.
· The contractor will maintain as much egress / ingress as possible to business driveways.
· Access to side streets may be temporarily disrupted during fog sealing.
· Motorist should expect lane restrictions and traffic delays during fog sealing.
· Flaggers will direct motorists through the work areas.
· Vehicles parked on the shoulder during fog sealing operations are subject to towing.