Fog Sealing Chip Sealed Roads Begins Thursday
Starting Thursday, August 10 and continuing through Saturday, August 12 (weather permitting), the City’s contractor will be applying a fog seal to the newly chip sealed streets in Olympia. After fog sealing is complete, the contractor will return at a later date to restripe the roadways. The fog sealing schedule is shown below:
Thursday, August 10 (7 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
- Cooper Pt Road - Auto-Mall Drive (from Black Lake Boulevard to Caton Way)
- State Avenue (from Quince Street to Tullis Street)
Friday, August 11 (7 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
- Walnut Road (from Division Street to Ethel Street)
- 14th Avenue (from Kaiser Road to Cooper Pt Road)
Saturday, August 12 (7 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- Harrison Avenue (from Division Street to West Bay Drive)
- Cooper Pt Road-Auto Mall Drive (from Evergreen Park Drive to Hwy 101)
· Fog seal is temperature & weather sensitive and will take time to set-up before traffic is allowed back on the roadway.
· The contractor will maintain as much egress / ingress as possible to business driveways.
· Access to side streets may be temporarily disrupted during fog sealing.
· Motorist should expect lane restrictions and traffic delays during fog sealing.
· Flaggers will direct motorists through the work areas.
· Vehicles parked on the shoulder during fog sealing operations are subject to towing.