2018 Crack Seal Roadway Repairs Begin
Upcoming Schedule for Roadway Crack Repairs
Beginning Monday, June 18, 2018, and continuing into July, the City’s contractor, LJ Hilton, Inc., will prepare and seal asphalt and concrete cracks on various City streets. Sealing cracks in the pavement surface helps stop water from getting below the pavement surface, reducing pavement deterioration.
The City has developed the following list of streets in order of priority:
- 5th Avenue from 4th Avenue Roundabout to Sylvester Street and Olympic Way from 4th Avenue Roundabout to Harrison Avenue Roundabout
- 4th Avenue from Wilson Street to Pacific Avenue
- Plum Street from Henderson Boulevard to Union Avenue
- Sleater-Kinney Road from I-5 Bridge to 15th Avenue NE
- Capitol Way from 25th Avenue SE to Market Street Roundabout
- Capitol Boulevard from Eskridge Way to O’Farrell Avenue
- Capital Mall Drive from Cooper Point Place to Cooper Point Road
- Capital Mall Drive from Cooper Point Road to Black Lake Boulevard
- Fones Road from 18th Avenue to Pacific Avenue
- Evergreen park Drive from Cooper Point Road/Auto Mall Drive to Evergreen Park Drive
Drivers should expect minor traffic delays. When necessary, we will bag meters and post “no parking” signs.
The schedule is subject to change depending on the weather forecast, and crews will work through the priority list until we run out of materials.
Follow us on Twitter @olyprojects for updates and stay tuned to #CrackSealTeam18.