2018 Percival Plinth Project Kick-off Event
Kick-off Event now features live music, performers, and more!
Please join us for this year’s Percival Plinth Project unveiling and voting kick-off on Friday, June 22, from 5:30-7:30 p.m. We welcome you to attend this event rooted in public decision-making and community building through the arts. Be among the first to see the 16 new sculptures and cast your vote for your favorite. The sculpture with the most votes is awarded the People’s Prize and will be added to the City’s permanent art collection. You’ll also have the opportunity to meet the participating artists, enjoy live music and dance performances, and purchase great food from local food trucks.
Event activities will take place throughout Percival Landing from north of the Harbor House to the new Isthmus Park south of 4th Ave. Look for the info tents on the landing to pick up a ballot and event info. Public parking is available in the lots across the street from the Olympia Center and near the Harbor House. Event is free and open to the public. First 100 event attendees who cast their vote at one of the event tents will receive a complimentary frozen treat, while supplies last.
Join the Facebook event: facebook.com/cityofolympia/events
Learn more about the Percival Plinth Project: olympiawa.gov/plinth
2018 Participating Project Artists:
- aaastrawberry by Charles Fitzgerald, Puyallup, WA, Stainless steel & Polyurea
- Bear II by Jason Brown, Seattle, WA, Forged Structural Steel
- Cosmic Sail by Bill Wentworth, Poulsbo, WA, Stainless Steel, CorTen Steel
- Diver by Kevin Au, Mercer Island, WA, Stainless Steel
- Fiddlehead by Ken Turner, Seattle, WA, Stainless Steel
- From The Sea by Hugh Buchholz, Olympia, WA, Silicon Bronze
- Hot Wheels by Kevin Mahaffey, Poulsbo, WA, Welded Steel
- Old Man of The Sea #2 by Sandra Hays, University Place, WA, Bronze
- OOPS !! by Tim Duffy, Shelton, WA, Bronze
- Pendant Mandala by Kenneth Hall, Lacey, WA, Steel & Fused Glass
- Pier 56-Garden by Rodger Squirrell, Lake Forest Park, WA, Stainless & Mild Steel
- Pig Listening in a Story Place by Nancy Thorne-Chambers, Olympia, WA, Bronze
- The Lady of The Harbor-Shellfish at Lowtide by Tim Duffy, Shelton, WA, Bronze
- Two Aspects of Time by Ken Turner, Seattle, WA, Stainless Steel
- Sea Grass by Micajah Bienvenu, Harbor, WA, Stainless Steel
- Vision of Sugar Plums by Jim Johnson, Salem, OR, Bronze