Winter Storm & City Services Update
City of Olympia Buildings to Close at Noon Monday, February 11; Tuesday City Council Meeting Cancelled
Due to continuing inclement weather, all City buildings including City Hall, Olympia Municipal Court, Probation Services, and The Olympia Center will close at 12 p.m. Noon today. The City Council and General Government Committee meetings for Tuesday, February 12 are cancelled. City Services for Tuesday will be determined based on the weather conditions.
- Snow Plow Update: Roads in Olympia are continuing to be plowed based on their level of priority (lifeline, secondary and neighborhood). You can find out which roads you live on/travel and follow our plows progress live at olympiawa.gov/snow.
- Fire and Police Emergency Services: Call 9-1-1 for emergency police, fire and medic services.
- Public Works Emergencies: Citizens with a Public Works emergency (drinking water, wastewater, STEP alarms, or transportation) can call emergency dispatch at 360.753.8333.
- Downed Trees: Report downed trees in the right-of-way (sidewalks, roadways) to Public Works dispatch at 360.753.8333. Please avoid damaged or fallen trees as they may be unstable or tangled in power lines.
- Downed Power Lines: Report downed power lines to PSE at 1.888.225.5773 or 9-1-1. Never touch or go within 35 feet of a downed power line.
- Parks: Park gates and restrooms will remain closed until further notice. Use parks at your risk. Please honor any trail closures.
- Residential Recycling & Organics Collection: Tuesday and Wednesday pick-ups will be determined based on the weather. Residential organics collection will be moved to Saturday, Feb. 16 weather permitting. Residents who want pick up will need their carts out on time.
- Commercial Garbage Collection: The City will make every attempt to collect as much commercial waste as possible. Priority will be placed on critical facilities such as health care providers. For anyone who is not collected on time, please bag your additional garbage and place outside your commercial container for later pick up.
- Downtown Parking: Residents currently parked in metered spaces or City leased parking lots Downtown do not need to move their car today.
- Stay off the Roads: The public is asked to stay home and off the roads unless absolutely necessary.
- Clear Neighborhood Storm Drains: If it can be done safely, the public can help prevent localized flooding as the snow melts by clearing storm drains in their neighborhoods.