Percival Plinth Project Call for Sculpture
Submit your work for the Percival Plinth Sculpture Project!
The City of Olympia is seeking up to 16 loaned sculptures from Washington and Oregon state artists for temporary display of up to one (1) year on Percival Landing and for consideration for the Peoples’ Prize purchase of one sculpture for the City’s public art collection.
- Each sculpture submitted through CAFE must be available for exhibition June 2019-June 2020.
- Artists may submit up to two (2) entries, with three to five (3-5) slides each. (Artists wishing to submit two entries must submit two separate applications. Each application should include only 1 (one) work of art with 3-5 views of the artwork.)
- $700 honorarium for 1 year loan of each sculpture.
- Up to $10,000 annual purchase - Peoples’ Prize.
- ENTRY DEADLINE: February 10, 2019
Open to Washington and Oregon sculptors, 18 years of age or older. Artists may not submit works previously exhibited as part of the Percival Plinth Project.
Application Link: https://artist.callforentry.org/festivals_unique_info.php?ID=6210
More information at: www.olympiawa.gov/plinth
About the Percival Plinth Sculpture Project:
The Percival Plinth Sculpture Project will select up to sixteen sculptures in 2019 to be displayed on the City of Olympia’s Percival Landing. During the month of July, community members and visitors have the opportunity to vote for their favorite. The sculpture with the most votes will be awarded the People’s Choice Sculpture Award and be added to the City’s permanent art collection. 2017 winning sculpture Aqueous by Cyrra Robinson is currently on display at Olympia City Hall.