Virtual Q & A
Watch the recording of the online Q&A to learn about the project schedule and what to expect during construction.
Construction on the Franklin Street Improvement project starts soon! Construction is expected last into 2022. Impacts will vary throughout the year, but are anticipated to be the heaviest during the summer months.
Franklin Street, between Legion Way and State Avenue will be completely transformed with a variety of improvements including:
- New sidewalks
- New concrete street surface
- Curb bulb outs at intersections
- New street trees and planters
- New street lighting
- Public art
What to expect during construction
During construction, typical work hours are weekdays, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., with occasional weekend and night work. We will communicate with businesses, residents, customers and commuters who may be affected and will provide advance notification and detour information as needed. Other expected impacts include:
- Noise, vibrations, dust, and debris
- Driveway impacts
- Street and/or lane closures
- Water shutoffs during water main and trenching work. Affected residents and businesses will be notified at least 2 days in advance by our Public Works Department.
- Large machinery and truck activity
- Construction staging and parking impacts near the construction sites
- Crosswalk and sidewalk closures, and detours for people walking and biking
- Construction waste bins in the right of way
Franklin Street is one of four projects proposed as a part of the Downtown Strategy that are designed to:
- Improve walkability
- Maintain mobility for cars and freight
- Support transit
The other projects include Legion Way (completed in 2020), Washington Street and Capitol Way (schedules TBD).
Call 360.216.7720 or email firstname.lastname@example.org