Improving the Boulevard Road Corridor, from Pacific Avenue to Yelm Highway, has been a priority for the City for some time.
Findings from the 2006 Boulevard Road Corridor Study identified roundabouts as the preferred alternative to address traffic congestion and to enhance bicycle, pedestrian and motorist safety and flow.
This project will replace the existing “T” intersection at Boulevard Road and Morse-Merryman (view map) with a single lane roundabout that will include sidewalks, bicycle lanes and new street lighting.
Alternate routes will be available (view map).
This is the last of three roundabouts constructed along the Boulevard Road Corridor, to improve traffic flow during peak commuting hours as well as pedestrian and cyclist safety.
The project is funded in part through grants from the Federal Highway Administration and the state Transportation Improvement Board.
See the latest project newsletter and updates.
- Bike lanes in both directions
- New sidewalks in both directions
- Planter strips separating the sidewalk from the roadway where feasible
- Ornamental streetlights
- Extended Stormwater collection system
- New stormwater retention pond and treatment facility
- Overhead private utilities moved underground
- Design Complete: Spring 2017
- Advertise for Bids: Summer 2017
- Award Construction Contract: Summer 2017
- Construction Hiatus: Winter 2018
- Construction Restart: Spring 2018
- Construction Complete: Fall 2018
Contact Jim Rioux, Project Manager at 360.753.8484 or email@example.com