All City offices including City Hall, Community Planning and Development, Olympia Municipal Court, Olympia Probation Services, The Olympia Center, Public Works, and Utility Billing are closed on the following City-recognized holidays.
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Jr Day
- President's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veteran's Day
- Thanksgiving & Day After
- Christmas Day
City Services Provided
- Fire and Police Emergency Services: Call 9-1-1 for emergency police, fire and medic services.
- Free Parking: On-street parking is FREE in downtown Olympia on all city-recognized holidays.
- Parks Open: All Olympia Parks are open from dawn to dusk.
- Public Works Emergencies: Citizens with a Public Works emergency (drinking water, wastewater, STEP alarms, or transportation) can call emergency dispatch at 360.753.8333.
- Organics' and Commercial Garbage WILL be Collected: Residential and commercial garbage, recycling and organics WILL be collected, based on your regular schedule. Crews may arrive earlier than normal on holidays, so set your cart out by 6 a.m. to ensure collection.
- Online Services: Many City services, including utility & parking payments, service requests, and building permit/land use applications, can can be completed online, anytime. Visit our Online Services page to get started.