Festivals & Events
Permits are required for any outdoor community festival or event on City property. Events must be open for public attendance free of charge and sponsored by a non-profit or government organization.
Applications are approved on a calendar year basis only. Please submit your application packet at least 90 days prior to your event to allow time for review, communication and logistical planning.
How to Apply
- Complete an Event Permit Application Packet and/or Street Closure Application
- Return forms to Kellie Purce Braseth, Strategic Communications Director:
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail: PO Box 1967, Olympia, WA 98507
In Person: 601 4th Avenue E, Olympia, WA 98501
- Results of your application review and any conditions will be shared with each event sponsor.
Events on State Property
The Capitol Campus, Heritage Park/Capitol Lake, Marathon Park, Sylvester Park, and Deschutes Parkway are owned by the State of Washington. To hold an event at these locations:
Non-Festival Events at Olympia Parks
If you wish to reserve space in a City of Olympia park, at Percival Landing, or at The Olympia Center for an event or activity other than an outdoor community or festival event:
- Call the Olympia Parks, Arts & Recreation Department at 360.753.8380.
Neighborhood Block Parties
Neighborhood Associations that are registered with the City may request street closure for a neighborhood picnic or other neighborhood-only social gathering.
Protests, Marches, and Demonstrations
The City encourages open, advance communication about free speech activities. Please contact us prior to your event so that we can provide appropriate services and ensure public safety.
Who to Contact
For demonstrations on/at:
- City Streets - Contact the Olympia Police Department at 360.753.8300
- City Parks - Contact Olympia Parks, Arts & Recreation at 360.753.8380
- State Property - Contact Washington State DES at 360.902.8881
Contact Keilie Purce Braseth at 360.753.8361 or email@example.com