First Day - Bring completed forms
These three forms must be completed and brought with you on your first day of employment.
Full, legal name required on all forms.
- I-9 Form, Employment Eligibility Verification (Complete section 1)
You must also bring a copy of your current driver's license and social security card or other acceptable document as noted on the List of Acceptable Documents provided on the form.
- W-4 Form, Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
- Employee Emergency Contact Information
First Day - May be partially completed
These forms will be finished with instruction during your orientation session.
Retirement - Washington State Department of Retirement Systems (PSERS)
Summary of Benefits and Rates
Enrollment Form and Instructions
AWC Insurance Enrollment Form Must use full, legal name(s) on all forms. Please attach copies marriage certificate, registered domestic partnership and birth certificate(s) or adoption documentation and copies of Social Security information for all dependents you would like to provide health insurance coverage for.
Affidavit of Marriage/Domestic Partnership
Affidavit of Marriage/Domestic Partnership Form
- Complete if you're enrolling your spouse or domestic partner for health benefits.
- Must be notarized (do not sign the affidavit until you're in front of a notary)
- Both parties must appear before notary with proper identification
- Include marriage license or registered domestic partnership documentation.
Life Insurance - Standard Insurance Company
Same form used for both Life and LTD enrollment
- Enrollment and Change Form
- Be sure to check the following:
- Life with AD&D Employer Paid
- Dependents Life Employer Paid
- Basic Life
- City pays full premium on the following coverage:
- Employees - $10,000
- Spouse/Domestic Partner or Dependent Child - $1,000
- Additional Life (Optional)
- Employee pays 100% of premium costs for all coverage
- Employees - Increments in $10,000 up to $300,000 maximum
- Spouse/Domestic Partner - Increments in $5,000 up to $150,000 maximum
- Dependent Child - Additional $5,000 maximum
- View important information regarding guarantee issue amounts deadlines
- If new hire applies within 31 days of hire date, the guarantee issue amounts may be increased up to the following amounts without medical history statement:
- Employee - up to $50,000
- Spouse/Domestic Partner - up to $20,000
- Dependent Child - up to $5,000
- After 31 days of hire date
- Must submit medical history statement
- Subject to underwriting
- Medical history statements are sent directly to Standard Insurance Company
Long Term Disability (LTD) - Standard Insurance Company
- Use same Standard Life Insurance Form (above)
- Basic LTD
- Enhanced LTD
- Employee pays 100% of premium costs
- Plan requires a 90-day waiting period
- Plan pays 66 2/3% of the first $7,500 of pre-disability earnings at time of medical disability
Equal Employment Opportunity
- EEO form (print, complete and bring to new hire orientation)
Other Optional Benefits
Other benefits provided by the City will be presented at your New Employee Orientation.
This is a union represented position. A union representative will be contacting you about union information and membership dues. Membership dues are automatically deducted from your salary.