First Day - Bring completed forms
These three forms must be completed and brought with you on or before your first day of employment.
- I-9 Form, Employment Eligibility Verification (Complete section 1- must use full, legal name on all forms)
You must also bring a copy of your current driver's license and social security card or other acceptable document as noted on the List of Acceptable Documents provided on the form.
- W-4 Form, Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
- Employee Emergency Contact Information
First Day - May be partially completed
These forms will be finished with instruction during your orientation session.
Retirement - Washington State Department of Retirement Systems (LEOFF 2)
Summary of Benefits and Rates
- Enrollment Form and Instructions
- NWFFT Enrollment Guide
- NWFFT Enrollment Form
- AWC Insurance Enrollment Form- Must use full, legal name(s) on all forms. Please attach copies marriage certificate, registered domestic partnership and birth certificate(s) or adoption documentation and copies of Social Security information for all dependents you would like to provide health insurance coverage for. Group Health Only
- Select the "New Hire" option
- Spouse/Domestic Partner/dependent(s)-Previous Insurance Information required:
- Group name
- Group phone number
- Group number
- Group policy number
- Effective and termination dates
- Complete the "Employee" section and make sure the boxes for medical, dental, vision and EAP are marked with a check mark. If you wish to opt-out of medical, don't check the medical box and discuss at orientation.
- Include information about any previous insurance coverage you have had in the last 3 months.
- DO NOT mark Life and Long Term Disability boxes.
- If you're enrolling a spouse or domestic partner, complete the Affidavit of Marriage/Domestic Partnership form below and circle the one that applies and complete the rest of this section.
- Make sure to mark the type of insurance requested, i.e. medical, dental; vision with a check mark.
- Include marriage license or registered domestic partnership documentation.
- If you're enrolling eligible dependent children, complete the dependent section(s) marking the medical, dental and vision boxes.
- Include information on previous insurance coverage.
- Include copy of birth certificate or adoption documentation and social security card.
- Dependent is an unmarried child or stepchild under the age of 26, unless the child is incapable of self-support due to disabilities.
Life Insurance - Standard Insurance Company
Complete enrollment form below:
- Enrollment and Change Form
- Be sure to check the following:
- Life with AD&D Employer Paid
- Dependents Life Employer Paid
- Basic Life
- City pays full premium on the following coverage:
- Employees - $7,000
- Spouse/Domestic Partner or Dependent Child - $1,000
- Additional Life (Optional)
- Employee pays 100% of premium costs for all coverage
- Employees - Increments in $10,000 up to $300,000 maximum
- Spouse/Domestic Partner - Increments in $5,000 up to $150,000 maximum
- Dependent Child - Additional $5,000 maximum
- View important information regarding guarantee issue amounts deadlines
- If new hire applies within 31 days of hire date, the guarantee issue amounts may be increased up to the following amounts without medical history statement:
- Employee - up to $50,000
- Spouse/Domestic Partner - up to $20,000
- Dependent Child - up to $5,000
- After 31 days of hire date
- Must submit medical history statement
- Subject to underwriting
- Medical history statements are sent directly to Standard Insurance Company
Long Term Disability (LTD)
Members of the IAFF are provided Long Term Disability Insurance through the IAFF union and is paid for through the members monthly union dues. A union representative will contact new employees regarding this benefit.
Medical Expense Reimursement Plan
It is mandatory that all bargaining unit members defer 6% of their salary in the deferred compensation program. Members will select ICMA-RC or Nationwide as their deferred compensation program. Please review the two different options and complete the enrollment form for the deferred compensation program of your choice. Any questions you may have will be answered during new employee orientation.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- EEO form (print, complete and bring to new hire orientation)
Other Optional Benefits
- Other optional benefits provided by the City will be presented at your New Employee Orientation.
This is a union represented position. A union representative will be contacting you about union information and membership dues. Membership dues will be automatically deducted from your salary.