Eligibility & Criteria
People of any age living within 30 miles of Olympia, WA are invited to submit one image of their artwork for consideration to Olympia’s 2018 Traffic Box Wrap Project.
Application deadline is January 9, 2018.
To submit your artwork please fill out an online application and upload your image during the application window December 15, 2017 - January 9, 2018. Artwork submitted must be:
- 1000 pixels wide x 550 pixels tall.
- Less than 1MB file size.
- Submitted as a JPG.
Each person may submit one image. Follow instructions in the online application for uploading an image of your work. See below for additional details including selection process and requirements.
Selected Artists Receive
- A $500 honorarium
- Recognition on the City website
- Have their artwork displayed on a traffic box in the City of Olympia for 2-3 years depending on the condition of the piece over time.
Selected Artists Must
- Provide a final hi-resolution print ready design file of 300 dpi or better, or
- Turn in physical art work for scanning. If submitting works to be scanned artwork must be: flat, secured to a backing board, use the scale of the concept design and be no larger than 17” wide. Following fabrication, all work will be returned to artists.
- Work with city staff and fabricator to finalize the design for printing. City will provide print and installation of work. By submitting works, artist agree to grant permission to alter/crop images of work as needed.
- Provide proof of a current City of Olympia business license. (Business License information can be found online at: http://bls.dor.wa.gov/cities/olympia.aspx )
- Agree to sign a contract with the City regarding the use of each design.
- Allow permission for the City of Olympia to photograph the works and use photos for promotional purposes.
Selection Process & Artwork Requirements
- A wide range of artwork is acceptable for consideration. Selected works can include images of both 2D and 3D works.
- Submissions will be reviewed by the Olympia Arts Commission and City Council, to determine adherence to selection criteria. Approved designs will be made available for public vote on the City of Olympia Facebook Page.
- Submissions that include advertising or logos or are political, religious or sexual in nature will not be considered.
- Artists should bear in mind that the audiences will be broad-based and of all ages and artwork should be appropriate for display in a public place.
- Artists verify that any submitted design is their own work and does not violate another’s copyright.
- Artists understand that if their artwork includes photography of partially or entirely recognizable people, they must provide the City release statements from all parties.
- The City of Olympia is committed to the non-discriminatory treatment of all persons in employment and the delivery of goods and services.
- The City reserves the right not to select any artist at all, and reserves the right to change the process or schedule.
- All application materials must be received by the deadline. Late applications will not be reviewed. We recommend submitting application and materials at least 1-2 business days before the deadline.
- We are only able to accept materials submitted through the online application process, and images submitted via the City File Transfer Page as outlined in the online application. Do not email your materials, emailed materials will not be reviewed.
Contact Ricky Santiago at 360.753.8379 or email@example.com