About the Program
The Ambassadors and Clean Team workers are part of the City’s front line service delivery system in Downtown Olympia and are a vital part of the City’s Economic Development team. Working together, they help promote and help ensure Downtown is a vibrant and attractive urban destination.
The Downtown Ambassadors
The Ambassadors provide street outreach, business support and hospitality services to residents, business owners, property owners and visitors to Downtown.
The Downtown Ambassadors work Tuesday - Saturday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Maintain a visible presence on the street
- Visitor assistance
- Parking assistance
- Social Service Availability Information
- Business check-ins and outreach
- Trespass engagement
- Welcome new businesses
IMPORTANT: If reporting an emergency please call 9-1-1
The Clean Team
The Clean Team is responsible for general upkeep, repair, painting, trash pickup and cleaning in and around public spaces in Downtown Olympia.
The Clean Team works 7 days a week, 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Removal of trash and bio-hazard waste
- Graffiti removal
- Sidewalk sweeping, pressure washing and cleaning
- Leaf and vegetation removal
- Assist with ice and snow removal, de-icing and drain clearance
- General upkeep and repairs in public areas
- Flyer removal from City signs and utility boxes