Creative District Poll
We’d like to get to know our neighbors in the Creative District - please take this poll.
What is the Creative District?
The Creative District is a 30-block area of downtown Olympia that is home to over 150 creative enterprises such as theaters, galleries, breweries, and industrial designers. Together they form energetic hubs for creative connection and reflect Olympia’s unique character.
Creative District Snapshot
- 150 creative industries
- 42 historic buildings
- 38 food businesses
- 25 makers and fabricators
- 10 performance/event spaces
This Creative District designation, State-certified by the Washington State Arts Commission, is a vehicle to support artists and creative innovators within the current area while expanding its reach.
Current art, social and cultural venues represent a variety of creative industries. Creating jobs, strengthening our community and attracting fresh thinkers are just a few of the many benefits of the Creative District.
Creative District Vision
- A place for artists to live and work, with affordable spaces for makers and creatives.
- A diverse economic hub inspiring growth and expansion of existing and emerging artists and businesses.
- Spaces filled with historic character and adaptive reuse of underutilized spaces.
- Retain, promote and encourage Olympia's quirky, vibrant and artistic community.
Contact Marygrace Goddu at or firstname.lastname@example.org