Welcome to Downtown Olympia!
Our downtown core is what makes us unique in the Puget Sound. Geographically located between the salt waters of the Puget Sound and the fresh waters of the Deschutes River and Capitol Lake, visitors enjoy stunning views of Mt. Rainier and the Olympic Mountain Range.
Spanning just .5 square miles, downtown houses over 450 independently owned businesses and over 1,900 residents. The Farmers Market, State Capitol Campus, Hands on Children’s Museum and 8 public parks are the main attractions for both Olympians and tourists. The local arts scene thrives with regular performances at 5 different theaters and a bi-annual Arts Walk celebration.
Learn more about downtown shopping and events on the Olympia Downtown Alliance (ODA) website.
The Downtown Ambassadors are a vital part of the City’s Economic Development team. They provide street outreach, business support and hospitality services to residents, business owners, property owners and visitors to Downtown.
The Downtown Ambassadors work Tuesday - Saturday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Maintain a visible presence on the street
- Visitor assistance
- Parking assistance
- Social Service Availability Information
- Business check-ins and outreach
- Trespass engagement
- Welcome new businesses
IMPORTANT: If reporting an emergency please call 9-1-1
The Clean Team
The Clean Team helps ensure Downtown is a vibrant and attractive urban destination. They are responsible for general upkeep, repair, painting, trash pickup and cleaning in and around public spaces in Downtown Olympia.
The Clean Team works 7 days a week, 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Removal of trash and bio-hazard waste
- Graffiti removal
- Sidewalk sweeping, pressure washing and cleaning
- Leaf and vegetation removal
- Assist with ice and snow removal, de-icing and drain clearance
- General upkeep and repairs in public areas
- Flyer removal from City signs and utility boxes