The City established the Committee on Diversity & Equity in 2015 to advocate and promote equality and diversity within the organization, and to celebrate and encourage diversity in the community.
Our goal is to raise public awareness of human rights issues through educational programs and activities, and to increase sensitivity to human rights issues throughout City government.
We work with partner organizations throughout the community to aid in developing training, events, and recommendations for changes to City ordinances or policies.
To connect with our LGBTQ Liaison to the Mayor and recommend human-rights related changes to City ordinances, policies or practices, contact Linnaea Jablonski at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To connect with one of our Police Department LGBTQ Community Liaisons regarding public safety projects or SAFE Olympia, email email@example.com. Learn more on our OPD LGBTQ Community Liaisons page.
City employees can connect with any of our Committee members to report issues and make suggestions.
Our Committee Members
- Olivia Salazar de Breaux, Public Works; Committee Chair
- Luke Burns, Parks, Arts & Recreation; Committee Vice-Chair
- Jeanelle Stull, Olympia Police Department; Committee Treasurer
- Linnaea Jablonski, Human Resources; Executive Sponsor
- Shelby Parker, Olympia Police Department
- Mike Buchanan, Olympia Fire Department
- Laura Keehan, Parks, Arts & Recreation
- Kerrie Burnell, Information Services
- Daisy Curley, Public Works
- Heather Reed, Public Works
The MEI examines the laws, policies, and services of municipalities and rates them on the basis of their inclusivity of LGBTQ people who live and work there. Each year, Olympia strives for a perfect score.
The Olympia Police Department partners with local businesses, schools and organizations to create safe locations for the reporting of hate crimes, harassment and discrimination.
The City of Olympia is a fun and accepting workplace made up of a diverse group of caring and dedicated employees. Every day we work together to make a difference. Join our team today!
We are proud to work with the organizations below to promote equality and diversity in our community? Want to add your group? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.