The City's goal is to maximize the life of our infrastructure at the lowest cost while meeting our citizen's expectations for service. We do this by:
- Maintaining an inventory of all City infrastructure
- Regularly rating the condition of all infrastructure
- Implementing efficient preventative maintenance programs
- Implementing rehabilitation projects to extend the life of assets
- Replacing infrastructure at the end of its useful life
- Continually looking for lower cost, innovative solutions
Despite our best efforts, some areas do not have sufficient funding to maintain the amount of assets we currently have. The most notable areas are in street maintenance (overall rating of C-plus, or "fair"), bridge maintenance (overall rating of C-plus, or "fair") and building repair (overall rating of B with much lower ratings in older buildings). In response, the City continues to explore revenue options, further efficiencies where feasible and pursuit of grant funding.
Continued decline in the condition of these assets will result in more costly repairs in the future.