To build City-staff climate change awareness, form a City-wide volunteer Green Team. Tasks to be pursued by the Green Team include:
- Develop a gamification strategy to get employees engaged in climate and offer fun incentives.
- Develop "what the City is doing to address climate change" & "what you can do to assist" message for incorporation into new employee orientation training.
- Develop a staff climate change/climate change action outreach program strategy.
- Develop a City Staff "go green" pledge.
- Sponsor a space heater campaign to request removal of space heaters during spring/summer.
- Promote training opportunities for City staff on climate mitigation and adaptation.
Other ideas for the Green Team to consider include co-hosting Electric Vehicle training events for City employees, offering “Go Green" sweatshirts or blankets for sale in lieu of winter space heater use, marketing Commute Trip Reduction program activities and researching environmental impacts that could result from climate actions, such as impacts on birds from increased solar use.