217 Thurston Ave NW
Percival Landing is one of Olympia's three waterfront parks and is located on the east side of Budd Bay on the southern most tip of Puget Sound. This popular park and tourist destination is in the heart of downtown and is a hub for gatherings, social interaction and public celebrations. It not only contributes to the economic vitality of the central business district, it holds historical and cultural significance to the community.
The Landing includes a 0.9-mile boardwalk extending along the eastern shoreline of West Bay from the Fourth Avenue Bridge to Thurston Avenue. Get map and directions or submit a request online.
The park includes:
Percival Landing Park was named after the old commercial steamship wharf, a well-known maritime landmark in the Pacific Northwest. The original dock, built by Sam Percival in 1860, was operated by the Percival Family. The first phase of Percival Landing, as we know it today, was completed and opened in 1978, phase two in 1985, and phase three in 1988.
The City completed acquisition of the former Unocal Tank Farm site in 1996. This additional parkland is now a lawn area used for picnics and gatherings during special events.
In 2010, the City reconstructed the oldest section of Percival Landing. The project included 2 new pavilions, a new bathhouse and community rental space, the removal of over 200 creosote pilings and rock debris, planting new shoreline vegetation, and improving the safety and accessibility of the landing. During the reconstruction, petroleum products were discovered along the shoreline. The City implemented a cleanup plan for potentially contaminated soil and also did extensive additional investigation of the project site.