Stewardship Through Art
City of Olympia Water Resources is again developing a calendar to promote stormwater pollution prevention and water conservation practices. To help us convey these messages, we are conducting an art contest with Olympia middle school students.
Twelve pictures will be selected to develop the calendar. From the entries submitted, the City will select artwork depicting each of the following messages below (one message per art piece please):
- Only rain down the storm drain
- Use a commercial car wash
- Scoop, bag & trash pet waste
- Practice pesticide-free yard care
- Don't drip & drive - fix vehicle leaks
- Rake a drain
- Install high-efficiency toilets
- Take shorter showers
- Don't let the water run
- Be a leak detector - find & fix
- Water landscapes early or late
- Install a rain barrel
How Do I Enter?
Download the Entry Form, then draw or paint an original picture depicting one of the 12 messages above (multiple entries are accepted). Entry deadline is Friday, June 5, 2020.
- Jefferson Middles School
- Marshall Middle School
- Olympia Regional Learning Academy
- Reeves Middle School
- Washington Middle School
- Homeschooled Students within the City of Olympia
Selected artists will receive a $50 Amazon gift card, a pizza party and recognition at a City Council meeting.
2020 Calendar Artists with Mayor and City Council Members.
Susan McCleary, Stormwater
Erin Conine, Water Conservation