Stewardship Through Art
City of Olympia Water Resources is developing a calendar to promote stormwater pollution prevention and water conservation practices. To help us convey these messages, we are conducting an art contest with Olympia middle school students.
Twelve pictures will be selected to develop the calendar. From the entries submitted, the City will select artwork depicting each of the following messages below (one message per art piece please):
- Only rain down the storm drain
- Use a commercial car wash
- Scoop, bag & trash pet waste
- Grasscycle - leave clippings on lawn
- Don't drip & drive - fix vehicle leaks
- Report spills - call spills hotline
- Install high-efficiency toilets
- Take shorter showers
- Don't let the water run
- Be a leak detector - find & fix
- Water landscapes early or late
- Install a rain barrel
How Do I Enter?
Download the Official Entry Form, then draw or paint an original picture depicting one of the 12 messages above (one entry per student only). Entry deadline is Friday, May 11, 2018.
2018 Qualifying Schools:
- Jefferson Middles School
- Marshall Middle School
- Reeves Middle School
- Washington Middle School
Selected artists will receive a $50 Amazon gift card, a pizza party and recognition at a City Council meeting.
2018 Calendar Artists with City Council Members & City Staff
Susan McCleary, Stormwater
Erin Conine, Water Conservation