STEP - When You Have No Power
When Your Power Goes Out
Your STEP system has small storage capacity. Without electricity, you can expect your tank to fill within one or two days. It is, important that you take immediate actions to limit your water use. First call Puget Sound Energy to report your outage at 1.888.225.5773.
During the outage...
- Use water for drinking, cooking, and other basic needs only.
- Minimize all non-essential uses of water, including baths and showers.
- Flush your toilet only when absolutely necessary.
- Inspect your tank to ensure that you have no overflow of sewage. You do not need to notify the City unless you have an overflow.
When Your Power Returns
- Silence your alarm. Push the red button to silence the alarm. Note: it can take 3-4 hours for the system to pump down enough for the light to go off.
- You do NOT need to call the City unless your tank is overflowing or the alarm stays on more than 5-6 hrs.
- Wait at least 30 minutes before returning to normal water use. This will give your system time to pump down.
- If your tank is overflowing or the alarm stays on for more than 6 hours call Public Works dispatch at 360.753.8333.
|your alarm will most likely sound when your power returns. Push the red button to silence it.|
|If your tank is overflowing or your alarm stays on for more than 6 hours, call Public Works dispatch at 360.753.8333.|
|Have a question about how your system works? Email email@example.com, we are here to help.|