The City of Olympia offers a Lifeline Rate on utilities services for customers who qualify as:
- Low-income AND disabled, or
- Low-income AND over age 62.
This rate applies to residential customers only. Lifeline Rates are 50% of the standard utility rate for Water, Solid Waste, Sewer, and Stormwater. Once you qualify for this program, the Lifeline Rate becomes effective on your next billing cycle.
Who is Eligible?
Eligible customers must meet the guidelines for low-income and disabled, or low-income and over the age of 62. For the purpose of our Lifeline Rate, low income is defined as 50% below the median family income for Thurston County.
Combined annual household income must be less than the amount listed below for the number of people per family:
- 1 person in the family; no more than $27,200 per year
- 2 people in the family; no more than $31,100 per year
- 3 people in the family; no more than $35,000 per year
- 4 people in the family; no more than $38,850 per year
Applying for the Program
Please attach the following items:
- Proof of income. A copy of your tax return for the preceding calendar year must be provided. For residents who do not file an IRS tax return, you must provide documentation of all income.
- Complete the Lifeline Rate Application
- Mail the completed application and all required materials to:
City of Olympia, Utility Billing
PO Box 1967
Olympia, WA 98507-1967
Contact City Utility Billing staff at email@example.com or 360.753.8340. Staff can mail or email you a Lifeline Rate Application.