Automatic payment made through the City saves the Utility money, with no credit card fees and low processing costs. It also saves you money - no writing checks or buying postage.
Signing Up is Easy:
Select one of two easy ways to sign up for automatic payment.
Download the automatic payment form* and either:
- Mail the completed automatic payment form and a voided check in your next utility bill, OR
- Mail the completed automatic payment form and a voided check to the City of Olympia, Attention: Utility Billing Staff, P.O. Box 7966, Olympia, WA 98507-7966
* Note for Mac User: To download this form, please use Safari, or hold down the control key while clicking on the link. Then choose "save link as..." from the menu that appears and then open the file with Adobe Reader.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Here are answers to some of our most frequently asked questions:
- How Will I Know How Much My Bill Is? We will send you your normal utility bill or you can view your bill online. This will inform you of the amount that will be withdrawn from your account on the due date listed on your bill.
- How Will I Know My Bill Has Been Paid? Each payment will be clearly identified on your checking account statement from your bank, savings and loan, or credit union. Additionally, each City of Olympia utility statement will reflect the payment.
- What if I Want to Cancel? Just call or write the Utility Billing Customer Service Section and let them know that you would like to stop the Automatic Bill Payment process. Remember, there may be timing issues, so be sure to plan ahead.
- What if I Have Insufficient Funds In My Bank Account? Your bank will charge you a fee as well as the City. The City's fee for insufficient funds is $25.00.
Have Other Questions?
Contact us, we are here to help.
- Physical Address: City Hall - 601 4th Ave E Olympia
- Phone: 360.753.8340 (for customer service select "0")
- Washington State Relay Service for Hearing Impaired: 7-1-1 or 1.800.833.6384.
- Hours: Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Except City-recognized holidays
- Mailing Address: PO Box 7966, Olympia, WA 98507-7966