Stormwater Runoff - Keep it Clean
As of January 2007, Olympia is required to manage all stormwater runoff flowing through pipes, ponds, and ditches in accordance with Washington State Department of Ecology requirements. The Western Washington Phase 2 Municipal Stormwater Permit requires us to take actions like outreach and education, looking for illegal dumping, cross-connections, and enforcing erosion and sediment control at construction sites.
We need your help. Do not dump to storm drains, watch for illegal dumping and take the "Be Nice to Budd Pledge" available online. It is fun and easy, just pick one or more of the below activities each month.
- Walk, bike, or bus to school or work
- Use non-toxic methods to control weeds and pests
- Use natural or slow-release fertilizers
- Pick up pet waste
- Plant native trees and shrubs
- Stencil or mark storm drains in your neighborhood