Zero Waste/Reduction - Resources
Learn what you can do to help prevent waste in the first place. Check out the resources below to help reduce the amount of waste going to the landfill.
Searchable Recycling Databases
If you would like to search for disposal options online, check one or all of these sites:
Online Exchange Websites
Check these websites for listing items that still work for free or sale.
Simple Ways to Reduce Waste
The less you bring into your home or business, the less you need to dispose of - which can lower your disposal bill and really help the environment.
- Look for items with less packaging.
- Consider renting instead of buying.
- Choose long-lasting, durable items instead of disposable.
- Select items made from recycled material and content and are recyclable.
- Reuse items when possible.
- Buy rechargeable batteries; you can reuse them over and over again.
- Reuse gift wraps and cover-ups; zero waste gift wrapping ideas.
- Invest in reusable cloth shopping bags instead of using paper or plastic.
- Reuse styrofoam packing material.
More Waste Related Resources
Check out our flyers and web pages for further waste reduction ideas options:
- Get information on how to Opt Out of unwanted junk mail and phone book deliveries.
- Learn about Waste-Free gift giving and gift certificates.
- Extended List of Disposal Options for an A-to-Z listing of what to do with common items.