Organics - At the Curb
Call to Sign Up - 360.753.8340
Similar to your garbage and recycle service, curbside organics is billed along with your other City of Olympia utilities in a bi-monthly bill.
- It's Easy - Just fill your cart, and we empty it every other Monday.
- It's Cost Effective - Only $7.72 per month.
- It's Good for the Environment - Turn meat, bones, fish, dairy and more into valuable compost.
Organics - It's more than just yard waste...
Curbside organics customers are encouraged to put the following items in their organics carts:
- Food Scraps - All meat, bones, fish, dairy, cheese, fruits & vegetables.
- Food-soiled Paper - Paper plates, napkins & pizza boxes.
- Yard Waste - Grass, leaves, tree & shrub trimmings.
Learn More About Organics
- Backyard Composting: Learn about composting food waste and yard waste at home.
- Controlling Odors & Pests: Concerned about odors & pests? Get great tips.
- Compostable Bags and Service Ware: Find approved compostable bags and service ware.
- Cart Sizes & Costs: Learn which cart options are available for you.
- Organics FAQ: Frequently asked questions about curbside organics.
- Saturday Drop-off Site: Open March 3 - November 17, 2012.
- Weekly Pick-up Schedule: Learn when your cart will be picked up.
- What We Accept: Learn what you can and can NOT put in your organics cart.
- Wood-chipping: Find tips and options for managing woody debris.