The City of Olympia provides permanent containers for businesses, multi-family complexes, residents and contractors and offers hauling services for privately owned compactors within the city limits.
Permanent Containers - Ideal For:
- Regularly scheduled pick-ups
- Long-term projects
What Can I Put in a Permanent Container?
- Concrete (limited to 10-yard drop box only)
- If you have yard waste, food scraps and/or food-soiled paper, learn about our Commercial Organics Program.
We DO NOT Accept: Cement, bricks, long-length pipe, dirt, rocks, sod, paints, solvents, motor oil, or hazardous material (including asbestos).
Types of Permanent Containers
We offer carts, dumpsters, and drop boxes for permanent collection. The size of container you will need varies depending upon the type of job you’re doing, location for the container and frequency of pick up.
|Permanent Garbage Carts*|
|Inquire about sizes|
|Permanent Drop Boxes*||Width||Depth||Height|
*Permanent containers are subject to availability.
Note: The size of the container ordered determines how much room is required for delivery and pick up. Be sure to inquire about the necessary length and space considerations when ordering. Our driver will determine where to place the container for our trucks to safely access and dump container contents.
Additional Tips & Information
What Happens If I Overfill the Container?
We ask that you do not overfill your container. Dumpsters and drop boxes are labeled with approprite fill levels; remember to keep contents below the rim and ensure that the lid of the container can be closed flat. Due to the safety of our crew and trucks, we reserve the right to refuse removing/dumping a container if it is contaminated or overfilled.
Please be advised that overfilled containers will be charged an additional fee of $8.81 per extra bag or box set outside the container.
How Can I Save Money & Reduce Waste?
- Make sure your have the right size container.
- Monitor your trash on a regular basis and make sure you are recycling everything you can.
- If you have yard or tree trimmings, food scraps and more, consider commercial organics.
- Call Pacific Disposal (360.923.0111) to sign up for recycling services.
- Donate reusable goods to a worthy cause or organization.
You can also reduce your disposal fees by separating materials and recycling them on site. Below is a partial list of examples of recyclable material:
- Yard waste
- Untreated/unpainted lumber without nails
- Scrap metal
Cart, dumpster, and drop box rates vary with the size of container and frequency of pick-up. Please note, all rates listed are based on single containers. Each pick-up generates an additional fee.
Contact Us for Service
Please allow a 2-day turn around for service. To start or change service:
- Call 360.753.8368, option 2 (M - F, 7 am - 3:30 pm)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For commercial billing questions: 360.753.8217