Whether you have a small or large business, school, or organization, commercial organics collection may be just the service you need.
Starting Service is as Easy as 1, 2, 3!
What Does Olympia Provide?
- A FREE waste assessment
- Expert advice and assistance
- Price incentive with a 12-month commitment to service
- Two FREE indoor collection carts
- Printed material (signs, posters, cue cards)
- Consolidated billing
- Training for your staff
- Our commitment to making your program succeed
FREE window cling and menu stickers to advertise that your business composts with the City of Olympia
1. How Commercial Organics Collection Works
The City of Olympia has been collecting organics - compostable material such as food, shredded paper, waxy paper and more - from Olympia businesses since 2008. We set you up with tools and training for collecting organic material inside your building, and then provide you with a container and frequency of service that meets your needs.
As a special offer for new customers, we offer two months commercial organics service at no charge with a one-year (12-month) commitment to service.
The City of Olympia collects organics in a variety of containers, including carts, dumpsters, compactors, and drop boxes. View commercial organics containers sizes & costs to find what works best for your business.
Learn more about what is accepted in organics and find printable materials to help your business divert the most organic material.
- All food scraps
- Food-soiled paper (napkins, paper plates, pizza boxes & more)
- Shredded paper
- Yard debris
- Wood pallets & debris
To Get Started
- Contact our staff (information below) to request a FREE waste assessment ~ this is the best way for us to determine what waste your business produces and what you can divert from garbage.
- After the waste assessment, our staff will work with you on what services your business would benefit from, right-sizing your container(s), the best location to place it for collection, and your monthly cost or savings.
Spencer Orman | Waste ReSources | 360.753.8752 | email@example.com
- Commercial Organics Poster (11x17)
- Commercial Organics Cue Card
- Commercial Organics Brochure
- If you're signed up for Olympia's Commercial Organics, feel free to use the We Compost button on your website, your menu, or wherever best to promote your business' composting efforts.
- We Compost - Menu Stickers: 1" stickers available, contact 360.753.8752 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request stickers for your business.
- We Compost - Window Cling: 4" and 6" adhesive clings available, contact 360.753.8752 or email email@example.com to request a cling for your business.