Water Quality and Efficiency Report
The City of Olympia is proud to announce the availability of the new 2013 Water Quality and Efficiency Report. The 2013 Report shows the City's progress moving towards the completion of the McAllister Wellfield with the same great tasting water and how Olympia is succesfully reducing water use. The Report also shows the City of Olympia's 2012 water quality test results, which were once again better than State and Federal regulations require. The City of Olympia has great quality water - and we're proud of that!
- Water Contaminant Fact Sheets
- Learn Where Olympia's Water Comes From
- Olympia Artesian Well
- Download the Grow Smart Grow Safe handbook (PDF)
- Get Solutions to Common Water Quality Problems
- Learn about Olympia's Cross Connection Program
Rebates and Programs Available
The City of Olympia has several conservation programs/rebates available to water customers, including:
- Residential High - Efficiency Toilet Replacement Program
- Rain Barrel Rebate
- Free Rain Sensors for Irrigation Systems
- WashWise Rebates for Approved Washing Machines
- Free Indoor Water Saving Kits
Also available to our commercial customers are:
- Up to 75% in Rebates for Upgrades with WaterSmart Technology
- Free Irrigation Assessments (including rebates on consultant’s recommended water efficient devices)
- Free High-Efficiency Toilets with Professional Installation
Protect Our Water Quality
Here are some things that you can do in your yard to protect Olympia's water:
- Plant native, drought - tolerant plants that require less water.
- Switch to organic, slow - release fertilizers.
- Avoid using herbicides and pesticides; instead use natural pest and weed control. Avoid using herbicides and pesticides; instead use natural pest and weed control.
- Water your lawn no more than one inch per week, including rainfall.
Water Quality Videos
Contact Water Quality StaffWe employ a team of experienced and dedicated professionals to ensure the City's water is safe to drink. Have questions? Please contact our staff. We're here to help!
- Visit our City Services page for links to other City Services and contact information (phone numbers)
- Contact us at email@example.com