Update to Olympia Muncipal Code
The Olympia City Council adopted Ordinance No. 6774 on October 4, 2011, which updated various sections of Olympia Muncipal Code (OMC) 13.04 - Water, including cross connection control requirements (13.04.110). The updated requirements include:
- Alignment with State requirements set forth in WAC 246-290-490
- Strengthening the City's ability to shut off water due to the lack of an annual satisfactory test result.
- Assignment of the annual test date based on the installation date of the assembly.
- Annual test notification letters will only be sent to the property owner, not the tenant. It is the responsibility of the owner to work with their tenant to ensure the annual testing of the backflow assembly is completed.
The items listed above are just a few of the items that were updated in the OMC regarding cross connection control requirements.
- What is a cross connection? Learn the basics.
- Outside faucets: Are your outside faucets protected from backflow? Visit our prevent faucet backwash page to learn how to protect your family.
- Do you have an irrigation system? Make sure that you install a backflow prevention assembly.
- Need a professional to install your device? Learn about certified Backflow Assembly Testers.
- Need a permit? Contact the City of Olympia Community Planning and Development Department, at 360.753.8314.
Form Requirements: Learn what our standardized form requirements are for test report forms that are submitted to the City.
- Submitting Forms: What information is required on your BAT test report.
- Test Report Form: Download a copy of the City's pre-approved test report form (PDF).
Questions about Cross Connections?
- Contact Steve Coke, City of Olympia, Public Works Department, at 360.753.8161, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.