Shoreline Master Program Update
To learn more, visit the Shoreline Master Program page.
2013 Annual Comprehensive Plan Amendment Process
On February 12, 2013, the City Council decided not to consider any annual Comprehensive Plan amendments in 2013 due to the ongoing Imagine Olympia update.
2012 Annual Comprehensive Plan Amendments Process
View the Council approved Annual Comprehensive Plan Amendments for 2012:
- Chapter 7 - Parks, Arts and Recreation - Updates include park level of service standards and park inventory tables consistent with the City's 2010 Parks, Arts and Recreation Plan
- Map 7-1 Parks, Arts and Recreation Facilities Plan
- Map 1-3 Future Land Use and 2013 Zoning Map - designating a portion of Trillium on the south side of Morse-Merryman Road from Neighborhood Village (NV) to a split designation, with Residential 4 units per acre - Chambers Basin (R-4CB) on the eastern one-half and Residential 4-8 units per acre (R4-8) on the western half.
To view the current Olympia Comprehensive Plan visit:
FINAL Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement (FSEIS)
View the Final Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement - FSEIS
Public comments received for the City Council's November 5, 2012, Annual Comprehensive Plan amendment proposals:
- Public Comments - Chambers Basin
- Public Comments - French Loop Butler Cove
- Public Comments - Medela
- Public Comments - Trillium
Public comments received on the Trillium amendment proposal prior to City Council's
November 5, 2012, public hearing:
DRAFT Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement (DSEIS)
Comment on the Draft SEIS ended September 17, 2012.
View the Draft Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement - DSEIS
What We Do
Long-Range Planning provides comprehensive plan and related zoning amendments, special projects (including development, analysis, and review process), and staff to the Olympia Planning Commission.
Olympia Comprehensive Plan
Planners working in the Long-Range Planning division are instrumental to ensuring the City has a comprehensive land use plan for the future. Each year, the Comprehensive Plan is reviewed and updated. The public is invited to be involved at several stages during the revision process.
- Comprehensive Plan for the City of Olympia
- Urban Waterfront/Isthmus Rezone - 2008 Comprehensive Plan Amendment
Shoreline Master Program
Olympia's Shoreline Master Program is currently under review. For more information, please visit the Shoreline Master Program page.
Long-Range Planning Resources
- City of Olympia Planning Commission
The Planning Commission advises the City Council on issues relating to long-range land use planning. Meeting times, agendas, and minutes are available.
- Thurston Regional Planning Council (TRPC)
The TRPC is an intergovernmental board that develops regional plans and policies related to growth.
- Land Use Game
The Land Use game is a fun way to learn about the complexities of managing growth. Facilitated by City staff or Planning Commissioners, the game can help adults and young adults understand the growth management process.