Eligibility & Criteria
People of any age living within 30 miles of Olympia, WA are invited to submit one image of their artwork for consideration to Olympia’s Traffic Box Wrap Project.
Next application deadline is November 1, 2019.
To submit your artwork please fill out an online application and upload an image of your work. Applications will be available one month prior to the deadline.
Your web friendly image (used for online voting) must be:
- 1000 pixels wide x 430 pixels tall.
- Less than 1MB file size.
- Submitted as a JPG.
If selected you must provide a high resolution image (used for printing) that is:
- A minimum size of 2675 pixels tall x 6300 pixels wide with a minimum 150 dpi resolution or higher. Larger files preferred as long as they maintain the same dimension ratio.
- Smaller than 16 MB. Native files preferred.
- If needed please be sure to crop your image to fit the parameters instead of stretching it. Images that appear to be stretched or distorted from their original may be disqualified.
Please note that requirements are subject to change based on fabricator needs. Please read instructions in the online application to ensure you are submitting the most accurate information.
Each person may submit one image. Follow instructions in the online application for uploading an image of your work. See below for additional details including selection process and requirements.
Selected Artists Receive
- A $500 honorarium
- Recognition on the City website
- Have their artwork displayed on a traffic box in the City of Olympia for 2-3 years depending on the condition of the piece over time.
Selected Artists Must
- Provide a final hi-resolution print ready design file of 300 dpi or better.
- Work with city staff and fabricator to finalize the design for printing. City will provide print and installation of work. By submitting works, artist agree to grant permission to alter/crop images of work as needed.
- Provide proof of a current City of Olympia business license. (Business License information can be found online at: http://bls.dor.wa.gov/cities/olympia.aspx )
- Agree to sign a contract with the City regarding the use of each design.
- Allow permission for the City of Olympia to photograph the works and use photos for promotional purposes.
Selection Process & Artwork Requirements
- A wide range of artwork is acceptable for consideration. Selected works can include images of both 2D and 3D works.
- Submissions will be reviewed by the Olympia Arts Commission and City Council, to determine adherence to selection criteria. Approved designs will be made available for public vote on the City of Olympia Facebook Page.
- Submissions that include advertising or logos or are political, religious or sexual in nature will not be considered.
- Artists should bear in mind that the audiences will be broad-based and of all ages and artwork should be appropriate for display in a public place.
- Artists verify that any submitted design is their own work and does not violate another’s copyright.
- Artists understand that if their artwork includes photography of partially or entirely recognizable people, they must provide the City release statements from all parties.
- The City of Olympia is committed to the non-discriminatory treatment of all persons in employment and the delivery of goods and services.
- The City reserves the right not to select any artist at all, and reserves the right to change the process or schedule.
- All application materials must be received by the deadline. Late applications will not be reviewed. We recommend submitting application and materials at least 1-2 business days before the deadline.
- We are only able to accept materials submitted through the online application process. Do not email your materials, emailed materials will not be reviewed.
Contact Angel Nava at 360.753.8384 or email@example.com