About the project
Olympia’s Traffic Box Wrap project turns electrical boxes found on sidewalks & street corners into a collection of public art pieces. The wraps not only beautify our City but greatly reduce the amount of graffiti on the boxes and the maintenance hours required to clean them.
Each year community members are invited to submit their work to be considered for a public vote. At the end of the voting period the top ten images with the most likes are printed as vinyl canvases and installed on traffic boxes around town.
The project started in 2015 and there are currently 40 traffic box wraps on display throughout the City. In February 2020 we invite you to help us find the next ten works to win a place in your heart.
How to vote
Voting typically takes place in February each year. For 2020, voting will take place on Engage Olympia.
- Application Opens: October 1, 2019
- Application Deadline: November 1, 2019
- Arts Commission Design Review: November 2019
- Public Voting: February 2020
- City Council Top 10 Confirmation: January 2020
- Installation (anticipated): Spring/Summer 2020
Contact Angel Nava at 360.753.8384 or firstname.lastname@example.org