About the Project
The Olympia Arts Commission and Olympia Planning Commission are working together to develop a Master Plan for placing unique public art at eight major "gateways" (as identified in the Comprehensive Plan) throughout the City. This accomplishes several goals:
- Places public art deep into Olympia’s neighborhoods
- Contributes to a sense of community identity
- Introduces place making elements that help to define and bring together different areas of our community
DRAFT Plan Now Available!
"Olympia Crossings - An Art Plan for City Gateways" is the blueprint by which to move forward on each of the identified gateways, presenting overall concepts and themes, location and cost analysis and prioritization. Please note, this is not a design or fabrication opportunity, but concept only.
- October 4: Community Open House - Olympia City Hall, 6:30 p.m.
- October 9: End of comment period
- October 12: Arts Commission reviews public comments, makes revisions
- October 24: Presentation of FINAL Plan to City Council - Olympia City Hall, 7 p.m.
Developing the Draft Plan
The DRAFT Olympia Crossings Plan was developed with a heavy emphasis on public input and included a community kick-off meeting, eight neighborhood meetings near the gateways/crossings locations, and an online survey.
Contact Stephanie Johnson, at 360.709.2678 or email@example.com