3100 Capital Mall Drive SW
530 Alta Street SW
Yauger Park was developed in 1982 as a multi-function site. The park serves two purposes: a stormwater detention area as well as a community park. This vision of a multi-purpose site originated from retired United States Army Colonel Yauger.
This modern community park contains 40 acres of recreation diversity. For the active enthusiast, the park has four ballfields (three lighted), that in fall and winter convert to three soccer fields. On April 1, 2000 the Olympia Skate Court was opened. This 11,500 square foot concrete skating surface is a draw to local skaters who, along with community and City support, made the project possible.
- Picnic Areas
- Picnic Tables
- Picnic Shelter
- Nature Trails
- Athletic Fields
- Running Track
- Skate Court
- Concession Stand (Summer Only)
- Community Garden
Did you know?
- Yauger Park captures stormwater runoff from the west side business district in order to keep our streets from flooding.
- The pond, by design, removes contaminants from the stormwater.
- When full, the pond can hold up to 27 million gallons of water!
- After the storms subside, the stored water is gradually released through Percival Creek and ultimately into Budd Inlet.