To register as a venue for Olympia Arts Walk please fill out an online application and submit your registration fee. An online application is required for any downtown business or organization that would like to be included on the event map and list any artists, performers, or group shows at their location.
IMPORTANT: Venues and artists are now asked to submit only one online application and registration fee. We are no longer able to accommodate separate applications for a single location or break out fees to multiple individuals.
Fees & Deadlines
We are now offering three registration options to better match your event promotion needs. Prices are comparable to past years, with added perks like bonus map listings and options that include enhanced Arts Walk promotion bundles.
||EARLY BIRD FEE
|Up to 2 listings
+ Map bundle for distribution
+ Event poster
+ Official participant window sign
|Up to 4 listings
+ All of the above
+ Enhanced promotional bundle
|Up to 6 listings
+ All of the above
|Non-profit organizations and studios receive a $30 discount by using coupon code NPFA2018 while registering.
|Commercial Vendors who would like to sell food or other items on the closed section of 5th Ave on the Friday of Arts Walk must register with the Commercial Vendor Application.
General Event Guidelines
Visual Artists and Scheduled Performers
- Late registration applications will not be reviewed. We recommend submitting application and materials at least 1-2 business days before the deadline.
- We are only able to accept materials submitted through the online application process. Do not email your materials, emailed materials will not be reviewed.
- All exhibit/performance sites must be located within Olympia’s downtown core.
- Businesses and performing groups are asked to respect the acoustic performance zone on the closed streets at Washington, from 4th Ave. to Legion Way and 5th Ave. from Capitol Way to Franklin St. “Acoustic” for this event means no power ‐ no amplified instruments or microphones. Outside performances on all other streets must allow for pedestrian right‐of‐way and should not be disruptive to surrounding businesses or event activities.
- Participants are asked to keep in mind the importance of quality and variety in works of art, performances and display methods/locations.
- All mediums, skill levels, and forms of expression are welcome. Works of art by local artists are encouraged, but not required.
- Visual works of art should be original or limited in edition as opposed to works that are mass produced and widely distributed.
- Works of art that are considered permanent decoration within a facility or business DO NOT qualify for participation in Arts Walk.
- Performances should embrace the spirit of Arts Walk as an event attended by both children and adults and be live or have an element of live performance.
- Olympia Arts & Events retains the right to reject any application that does not meet these guidelines.
- Registering to participate is not an automatic endorsement by the City of Olympia or Arts Commission. The host location agrees that the City of Olympia, its employees and volunteers are not responsible for the contents, facilities, or individuals associated with Arts Walk.
- City Staff retain the right to terminate any activity that compromises public health and safety or is not in keeping with the intent of the event.
Businesses, Galleries, Studios, & Non-Profit Organizations
- Visual Artists and Performers that would like to be included on the event map or listed in the event schedule must partner with a downtown business or organization to display your work or present your performance.
- Contact any business in downtown Olympia and ask if they would be willing to host your work. Most business owners will want to see or hear a sample of your work prior to registration, so be prepared.
- Once a business agrees to host your work, the artist/performer and the business representative should complete the registration form together and turn it in with the necessary fees. Listed artists/performers are encouraged to pitch in for a portion of the fee, traditionally $15 for each artist given directly to the venue you are working with.
- It is up to you and the business to make all specific arrangements regarding set up, take down, sales, and receptions.
- Realizing that individual hours may vary, participating venues are encouraged to remain open for the full extent of the event hours. Due to space limitations, individual hours will not be listed on the Arts Walk map.
- You are responsible for making arrangements for artists and performers on your own.
- Please make sure to assess your display/performance space to assure that you can accommodate and highlight the artist’s work. We recommend participating businesses set aside adequate space to accommodate at least 10 pieces of art work by one or more artists.
- Do not submit a registration form until you have made arrangements to host a specific artist or artists.
- The hosting location is responsible for submitting the online registration form and fees, artists are encouraged to contribute $15 to the registration process. It is up to each organization and artist/ artist group to determine how they will share in registration costs and event preparation.
Contact Angel Nava at 360.753.8384 or email@example.com