The Arts Commission was created to help enrich the lives of the people of this region by making visual, performing and literary arts vital elements in the life of our community. The Commission works to support local artists through networking, skill development and visibility through a variety of unique opportunities.
The Arts Commission meets on the 2nd Thursday of the month, at 6:00 p.m., in Olympia City Hall Room 112, 601 4th Avenue East (unless otherwise noted below).
View 2017 Meeting Dates
- February 9
- March 9
- April 13
- May 11
- June 8
- July 13
- August 10
- September 14
- October 12
- November 9
- December 14
Get additional meeting details, agendas, and minutes on our online meeting calendar .
Membership Criteria & Appointment Information
- Susan Aurand - term ends 2018
- Britta Echtle - term ends 2018
- Diana Fairbanks - term ends 2017
- Stacy Hicks, Chair - term ends 2019
- Ron Hinton - term ends 2019
- Marygrace Jennings, Vice-Chair - term ends 2019
- Kathy A. Murray - term ends 2018
- Katie Nelson - term ends 2019
- Rick Perry - term ends 2017
- A majority of members of the Olympia Arts Commission must reside in the City of Olympia or Olympia's Urban Growth Area.
- Term: 3 years, ends March 31
- Appointed by: Olympia City Council
Community Events & Outreach
Art in Public Places
The Community Events & Outreach Committee (CEO) provides policy support and direction for Arts Commission programs (except for Public Art).
The Art in Public Places Committee (APP) provides recommendation to Council on acquisition of new artworks for the City’s Public Art Collection.
Contact Staff Liaison, Stephanie Johnson, at 360.709.2678 or email@example.com