The Arts Commission was created to help enrich the lives of the people of this region by making visual, performing and literary arts vital elements in the life of our community. The Commission works to support local artists through networking, skill development and visibility through a variety of unique opportunities.
The Arts Commission meets on the 2nd Thursday of the month, at 6:00 p.m., in Olympia City Hall Room 112, 601 4th Avenue East (unless otherwise noted below).
View 2016 Meeting Dates
- January 14
- February 11
- March 10
- April 14 (City Hall Room 207)
- May 12 (City Hall Room 207)
- June 9
- July 14
- August 11
- September 8
- October 13
- November 10
- December 8
Get additional meeting details, agendas, and minutes on our online meeting calendar .
Membership Criteria & Appointment Information
- Susan Aurand - term ends 2018
- Britta Echtle - term ends 2018
- Diana Fairbanks - term ends 2017
- Stacy Hicks, Vice-Chair - term ends 2019
- Ron Hinton - term ends 2019
- Marygrace Jennings, Chair - term ends 2019
- Kathy A. Murray - term ends 2018
- Katie Nelson - term ends 2019
- Rick Perry - term ends 2017
- A majority of members of the Olympia Arts Commission must reside in the City of Olympia or Olympia's Urban Growth Area.
- Term: 3 years, ends March 31
- Appointed by: Olympia City Council
Community Events & Outreach
Art in Public Places
The Community Events & Outreach Committee (CEO) provides policy support and direction for Arts Commission programs (except for Public Art).
The Art in Public Places Committee (APP) provides recommendation to Council on acquisition of new artworks for the City’s Public Art Collection.
Contact Staff Liaison, Stephanie Johnson, at 360.709.2678 or firstname.lastname@example.org