The following closures and cancellations are in effect until further notice:
- All City of Olympia sponsored in-person recreation programs and stewardship events. Virtual Programming can be found at olympiawa.gov/virtual-programs.
- All Parks Department buildings.
- All City of Olympia Playgrounds/Play Areas, Skate Courts, Woodruff Sprayground, Heritage Park Fountain, and Picnic Shelters.
- Some park restrooms.
Outdoor recreation involving 5 or fewer people outside one's household is allowed. Parks, trails and sport courts are accessible for activities where social distancing can be maintained, such as walking, jogging, cycling, family games and nature viewing. Please observe the following guidelines in order to ensure we can safely provide this access to the community:
- Parks are open during operation hours for walking, running, passing through and limited sport court use (volleyball, basketball, tennis, pickleball). Organized, scheduled or pick up athletic games and practices are not allowed. Access to some facilities may be limited.
Enjoy the parks alone, with members of your household or with 5 or people outside your household. Do not gather in larger groups when visiting parks and please practice social distancing by staying 6 feet away from those outside your household. Crowded parks lead to closed parks. Please do your part.
- "Go before you go!": Park restroom access may be limited. A reduced level of available staff, and an increased use of parks and the park restrooms, makes it difficult for crews to keep the facilities cleaned to the standard that is critically necessary during the pandemic.
- Leave no trace: “pack it in, pack it out” – staffing is limited and trash is not removed regularly.
All loop trails will be signed as clockwise in direction to minimize face-to-face encounters.
- Observe closures of specific park elements: Including all playgrounds/play areas, skate courts, picnic shelters and some restrooms.
The following services are currently available:
- Olympia Center Customer Service by phone (360.753.8380) & email only
- Online registration (for virtual programming and summer camps only). In-person recreation registration is “on hold” until further notice, though you may still access your online account.
We are offering a limited amount of virtual (online) programming. Some programs will require advance registration, while others will be free and open to the public. View options...
Information, Sections & Services
Featured Programs & Projects