All residential registrations ended December 31, unless renewed. Renew for the new year and avoid a potential citation. $10 processing fee per vehicle. Renewal form (pdf). Program Information (pdf).
Residential Parking Program
If you live in or near downtown, you may register your personal vehicle for on-street parking within your residential zone. Residents and visitors must be registered and parked in the allowed space within their zone to avoid receiving a parking citation.
Important Program Information
Registered vehicles are not assigned a specific parking spot, nor are residents guaranteed a parking place in front of or immediately near their home. Parking is on a first-come basis.
Program restrictions and requirements
- All unpaid parking tickets issued to the individual and the vehicle must be paid before registration will be accepted.
- Vehicles must be operable and moved at least once every five days.
- You cannot register boats, trailers, campers, buses, and RVs.
- No vehicle which exceeds the size of one parking stall can be registered.
- The program is not for work-related parking.
- Program registration is tied to your specific license plate. You must inform Parking Services if you purchase a new vehicle or if your existing vehicle receives a new license plate. Failure to do so will result in a citation.
- You must still park legally. Restricted parking such as parking in a yellow zone or too close to a driveway will result in a citation. Visit the Restricted Parking page for a complete list of infractions.
Zone Specific Information
Click on the zone that contains your residence in the map below for your registration packet as well as information on where you are allowed to park and how many vehicles you can register.
Residential Parking Map
Not sure what zone you are in? Use the map's search box to locate your address, then click on the zone for your registration packet as well as information on where you are allowed to park and how many vehicles you can register.
Contact Parking Services at least 24 hours prior to their arrival. You must provide license plate, make, model, color, location and dates of visit for any guest vehicles at your home.
Visitor restrictions and requirements
- Visitor passes are issued for up to 10 business days.
- "Guest vehicles" includes any construction/business vehicles doing work or providing services at your home.
- All of the parking conditions for your zone apply to your registered guests.
- Like you, your guest may only park within your zone in one parking space, and only for the days/dates you requested.
- The City may choose to not register a vehicle with unpaid parking tickets.
- Zone 1 in the South Capitol Neighborhood
Each visitor pass is only valid for as long as that person is your guest, up to a maximum of 10 business days. If the City determines that the individual is no longer a visitor at you residence, the pass will be revoked.
- Zones 2 and 3 in the South Capitol Neighborhood
Visitor passes are limited to two vehicles per month January 1 through April 30. There is no limit on the number of guests you may register from May 1 through December 31. Each visitor pass is only valid for as long as that person is your guest, up to a maximum of 10 business days. If the City determines that the individual is no longer a visitor at your residence, the pass will be revoked.
- Zones 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Visitors in zones 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 are not eligible for a pass until the next business day. Each visitor pass is only valid for as long as that person is your guest, up to a maximum of 10 business days. If the City determines that the individual is no longer a visitor at you residence, the pass will be revoked.
How to Register
Download the appropriate registration packet by clicking on your zone in the above map. Return it, along with all required documentation, by mail or in person. Once this information is received and processed your permit will go into effect the next business day.
- Valid driver's license
- Current vehicle registration(s)
- Proof of insurance
- Proof of residency*
- Affidavits - Zones 1-3*
- Fee (if required)
*See registration packet for details
There is a $10.00 processing fee per vehicle.
Renewing Your Registration
Registration expires at the end of each calendar year. It is your responsibility to renew by December 31st to stay enrolled. We begin accepting renewals in November for the following year.
How to Renew
Submit a completed Residential Renewal Form with copies of your current vehicle registration(s) and proof of residency along with your payment by mail*, email or in person.
*If you send your documents by mail, please include a phone number and/or email address so we can get in touch with you if we have questions. Please mail your documents well in advance of the renewal date.
Contact Parking Services
In Person: Olympia City Hall, Customer Service Counter, 601 4th Avenue E., M-F, 8-4:30
By Mail: PO Box 1967, Olympia, WA 98507-1967