Residential Zone Map
Residential Parking Program
If you live in or near downtown, you may register your personal vehicle for on-street parking within your residential zone. Residents and visitors must be registered and parked within their zone to avoid receiving a parking citation.
- $10 per year, per vehicle registered in the program for Zones 1, 2, 3, and 6.
- $60 per year, per vehicle registered in the program for Zones 4, 5, 7, and 8
Residential Parking Zones
Search by address in the map above to see what zone you live in. Click the zone to see where you are allowed to park and how many vehicles you can register.
Program restrictions and requirements...
- Valid driver's license
- Current vehicle registration(s)
- Proof of insurance
- Proof of residency
- All unpaid parking tickets issued to the individual and the vehicle must be paid before registration will be accepted.
- Vehicles must be operable and moved at least once every five days.
- You cannot register boats, trailers, campers, buses, and RVs.
- No vehicle which exceeds the size of one parking stall can be registered.
- The program is not for work-related parking.
- Parking is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Registered vehicles are not assigned a specific parking spot, nor are residents guaranteed a parking place in front of or immediately near their home.
- Program registration is tied to your specific license plate. You must update your permit if you purchase a new vehicle or if your existing vehicle receives a new license plate. Failure to do so will result in a citation.
- You must still park legally. Restricted parking such as parking in a yellow zone or too close to a driveway will result in a citation. Visit the Restricted Parking page for a complete list of infractions.
Renewing Your Registration
Registration expires at the end of each calendar year. It is your responsibility to renew by December 31 to stay enrolled.
You must obtain a permit for any guest vehicles visiting your home. Guest permits are free of charge and can be added to your existing Residential Permit using the button above.
Visitor restrictions and requirements...
- Visitor passes are issued for up to 10 business days.
- "Guest vehicles" include any construction/business vehicles doing work or providing services at your home.
- All of the parking conditions for your zone apply to your registered guests.
- Your visitor may only park within your zone in one parking space, and only for the days/dates you requested.
- The City may choose to not register a vehicle with unpaid parking tickets.
- Zone 1 in the South Capitol Neighborhood
Each visitor pass is only valid for as long as that person is your guest, up to a maximum of 10 business days. If the City determines that the individual is no longer a visitor at you residence, the pass will be revoked.
- Zones 2 and 3 in the South Capitol Neighborhood
Visitor passes are limited to two vehicles per month January 1 through April 30. There is no limit on the number of guests you may register from May 1 through December 31. Each visitor pass is only valid for as long as that person is your guest, up to a maximum of 10 business days. If the City determines that the individual is no longer a visitor at your residence, the pass will be revoked.
- Zones 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Visitors in zones 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 are not eligible for a pass until the next business day. Each visitor pass is only valid for as long as that person is your guest, up to a maximum of 10 business days. If the City determines that the individual is no longer a visitor at you residence, the pass will be revoked.
Contact Parking Services at 360.753.8017 or email@example.com