Allows residents of downtown and surrounding areas to park within their own residential zone free of meter fees and/or time restrictions. Residents and visitors must be registered to avoid receiving a parking citation.
Cost: $10 per vehicle
• Go to our Residential Parking page
9-Hour Meter Permits
Allows permit holders to park free at 9-hour meters and offers a cost savings over meter rates. Available for either all of downtown or just the Eastside zone. View our downtown parking map for locations of 9-hour meters.
Cost: $30 or $60 per month
- Purchase your permit at Olympia City Hall, 601 4th Avenue E.
- The Eastside zone is bordered by Plum St, 4th Ave, Eastside St and 8th Ave.
- Group Rate: Permit cost drops to $50 per vehicle, per month for groups of 20 or more.
- You must provide current vehicle registration. When your permit expires, you must re-register or pay the meter.
- Permits are valid for 9-hour meters only. If you park at a 3-hour meter, you must pay the meter or you will get a ticket.
- Your window sticker is your only reminder that your permit will expire. Reminder notices are NOT sent. You must renew your permit in person at the Parking Services office, remember to request a new sticker or to change the date on your old one.
- The permit belongs to the vehicle, not the driver: If you drive a different vehicle, you must pay the meter. Your vehicle license information is entered into our computer. That is how we know the vehicle is in the program.
- If you're purchasing a new vehicle, stop by our office right away and we'll change your permit. Be sure to bring the new registration with you. There is a $5.00 fee to switch your permit, with a limit of three changes per quarter.
Leased Lot Permits - 2017 permits go on sale Thursday, December 8th at 8:00 a.m. at Olympia City Hall
City of Olympia Leased parking lots are located throughout downtown and allow users to park anytime for one flat fee per month. Permits go on sale in December for the following year and may be purchased for the whole year at that time.
• Go to our Leased Lot Permit page
Parking Meter Hood & Overtime Permits
Allows vehicles that are providing construction or repair services at a home or business or special uses i.e. bus parking or temporary event vehicles to park free of meter fees and/or time restrictions.
Cost: $10 per space, per day.
Meter hoods and overtime permits ARE NOT available from November 24, 2016 - December 25, 2016 due to parking needs during the holiday shopping season.
Delivery Service Permits
Allows businesses who provide an "in and out" type of service, such as florists, restaurants, or other frequent delivery service to park downtown free of meter fees. Restrictions apply.
Cost: $150 per year.
- Purchase your permit at Olympia City Hall, 601 4th Avenue E
- Permits will be issued at the discretion of Customer Care staff.
- Vehicles with delivery service permits can park free in the Pay Station zone for up to 2-hours or at 3-hour metered parking spaces for up to 3 hours without penalty.
- Delivery service permits are NOT valid at 15-minute metered spaces, 9-hour metered spaces, loading zones, or any other restricted parking areas.
Contact Parking Services at 360.753.8017 or email@example.com