Parking in Olympia
We use a combination of meters, timed zones and monthly leased parking lots to manage on street parking in and around downtown Olympia. We work hard to ensure there are options to meet each individuals parking needs.
Where Do I Park?
Parking...with a Smile!
We are on a mission to make parking in Olympia easier and friendlier! We are listening to your feedback and evaulating everything we do to see if we can be better.
Have an idea to improve parking in Olympia? Email email@example.com
Some of What We've Already Done
- Public electric vehicle charging stations coming soon to Olympia City Hall, at 601 4th Ave E, and the Lee Crighton Justice Center, at 900 Plum Street.
- You spoke and we listened by replacing the pay stations with easy to use credit/debit card meters in the downtown core. Learn more...
- Annual Twelve Days of Free Holiday Parking in December (December 12-24)
- Free parking on Columbus Day (a recognized federal holiday but not a recognized City holiday)
- Added the newly purchased Isthmus properties as a low cost ($15) monthly leased parking option
- New parking meter token program for downtown businesses
- Re-designed signage in our leased lots to make the rules more clear (permit required during business hours; free nights and all weekend)
- Implementing a calendar year annual renewal cycle for the residential program to ease confusion about year round renewal dates, effective January 1, 2015
- Took over responsibility of enforcing the abandoned vehicle RCW from City Code Enforcement staff as part of an internal reorganization to gain efficiencies
Got a ticket? You can pay your fine online, or one of several other convenient ways. You may also choose to appeal the citation. Only the Olympia Municipal Court Judge has the authority to reduce a fine or dismiss a citation. Learn more...
Rates and Hours
Right Person - Right Place. 15 minute, 2 hour credit/debit card meters, 3 hour, and 9 hour meters... That's a lot of choices! Where's the best place for you to park? What will it cost? How and when do you pay? We've got all of the answers. Learn more...
Live Here? Most neighborhoods in and near downtown Olympia have timed or metered on-street parking. If you live in one of these neighborhoods, you may register your personal vehicle for parking on the street. Learn more...
Permits / Leased Lots
Work Here? We offer a variety of permits for those who work, do business or offer services in and around downtown. From day-use construction permits to monthly leased parking for employees, we make it easy for you to get the job done. Learn more...
Be informed, Be ticket-free! In addition to the standard expired meter and overtime tickets, the City writes citations for more serious restricted parking violations. These infractions affect public safety and carry significantly higher fines. Learn more...