What Are Block Parties?
Block parties are small, *neighborhood-only social gatherings that typically require the closure of a single block. The City provides barricades and/or cones for street closures related to approved block parties.
Recognized Neighborhood Associations are automatically eligible to apply for block party street closures. Non-registered neighborhood associations, smaller residential areas and non-profits may also be approved.
*If your event is open to the general public (not just your neighborhood) you will need to apply for an Event Permit.
Conditions & Requirements
- This type of street closure is not permitted for events that are open to the general public.
- The block party sponsor must consult all residents, businesses and organizations whose access to their property will be affected by the street closure.
- The location should not prevent the ordinary flow of traffic through the city. Choosing a quieter street in the neighborhood is recommended; arterials and neighborhood collector streets are generally not permitted for block party closures.
- When planning the layout for the event, consider how emergency vehicles would travel the street if needed.
- The City reserves the right to approve which street may be closed and the placement of barricades, tables, and other items in the street.
How to Apply
- Download and complete a Neighborhood Block Party Application
- Return it via email to Michelle Sadlier at email@example.com
- Allow a minimum of one week to process a block party street closure form and get approval. You will receive confirmation of your approval by email.
Contact Michelle Sadlier at 360.753.8031 or firstname.lastname@example.org.