About the Program
Olympia's Neighborhood Recognition Program was started in 1989 as a way to foster ongoing communication between City Government and neighborhood associations. Neighborhoods voluntarily register in the program and all neighborhoods located within the City of Olympia and its Urban Growth Area are eligible to apply.
- Notification of certain zoning and land use proposals.
- Ability to apply for up to $5,000 annually in neighborhood matching grants.
- As needed meetings with City staff and other associations to discuss issues and learn about City programs and services.
- Free use of City Hall b&w copy machines for neighborhood newsletters. RNA supplies paper. Contact City Hall at 360.753.8314 to arrange time to use the copier.
- Authorized street closure for up to two neighborhood block parties per year.
Contact Marygrace Goddu, at 360.753.8031 email@example.com